Thursday, August 10, 2006

Introduction. Why this Blog?


I have a blog about my life in general, a blog about my critters, and a blog for all the silly stuff I get in e-mail and want to store somewhere. So why do I not have a blog to share quotes and thoughts about my faith? Isn't that far more an important part of my life than jokes and chain letters?

Yes. It is.

And so begins Not Ashamed... The "Small Plates" of a Mormon Girl. It is a place to store inspirational quotes that I may need to look at again. (most of them sent to me by either one of my best friends, Colorchrome or else LDSGems or something) Yes, this blog is primarily for me. But all are welcome to read, obviously.

And if anyone feels so inclined, ask questions... in a tone of MUTUAL RESPECT, mind you. Do NOT TELL me what I believe! ASK ME!!! Contention is of the Devil... and flamers will be kicked in the proverbial head. ;O) hee hee!

Just to get a few out of the way...

1. Are you really Christian?
Yes. I believe in following Christ, that he was God's literal son, that he died for our Sins and was ressurected that we might live again. Am I "mainstream" Christian? No, probably not. There are differences. But I think there are more similarities.
2. Do you believe in the Bible? Yes! Definitely. The Bible has writings of God's prophets, his mouth pieces to us on earth.
3. Okay, fine, but don't you have a different Bible than other Christians? I read the King James Version of the Holy Bible. But we do believe in other scripture as well, including the Book of Mormon; Another Testament of Jesus Christ. That is probably one of the biggest things that sets us apart (and makes people mad. Heh heh.)

Anyway, those are the semi-basics. Now on with the good quotes. *grins*

2 comments:

ShaBANG said...

Hey Mormon Girl,
I am soo impressed, and inspired by this blog. I LOVE IT! I have taken of my wordly shoes, but on my spiritual socks and rested in the peacefulness of this blog. I like it, Do you mind if I start one myself?
Thanks for "Standing for Truth and Righteousness at times and in all things and in all places.."

stewbert said...

Kippers, thanks for this. Struggling lately with something personal ... Might just have to come here every day to remind myself WHY. :) (no worries, hubby, kidlet, church, all of it's good, i'm still happy, just ... something. lol)

ss_blog_claim=40e6142834cecbeb6e6171334067c9ab